Typically you have to wait until September and October for a surfeit of literary events. Lucky for us New Yorkers there’s an absurd amount of great programming in the next week alone.
- Thursday, March 1st: Maud Newton and Ellen Ullman (author of By Blood), BookCourt
- Tuesday, March 6th: The FSG Reading Series with Rosecrans Baldwin (Paris, I Love You But You’re Bringing Me Down) and Davy Rothbart (My Heart Is an Idiot), The Russian Samovar
- Wednesday, March 7th: Vol. 1 Brooklyn presents The Greatest 3-Minute Movie Stories Ever (I’ll be speaking at this one, buffeted by several more talented people), Le Poisson Rouge
- Wednesday, March 7th: National Book Critics Circle Awards Finalist Readings, The New School
- Friday, March 9th: John Jeremiah Sullivan (Pulphead) and Geoff Dyer (Zona), 192 Books
If that’s not enough, get thee to Book Boroughing for more.